Short description house
Beautiful, unique downstairs home (usable surface area 198 m, gross floor area 220 m²) with garage located at top location in Amsterdam Centrum. PRIVATE LAND! This former company space (28 m in depth/3.30 m in height) from the 19th century has been tastefully renovated (2007) with high quality materials. By making good use of light, glass and space, the apartment has acquired a gorgeous open lay-out which is characteristic for a loft apartment. Plot size is 180 m².
The apartment consists of two layers, with the residential layer on the ground floor and the two bedrooms each with their own walk-in closet in the basement. There is a luxurious, design bathroom between the two bedrooms.
The spacious hall with large opening doors on the ground floor can be used as a garage, but is also suitable as an office. At the back, adjacent to the design open kitchen, there is another patio/garden (approx. 21 m²).
You enter in a spacious hall through two large opening doors. These doors are large enough for a car, so you are always sure of a parking spot. However, the space can also be used as work/dining location. Thanks to the location oriented to the south it is a lovely place to enjoy the sun on warm days with open doors.
At the end right of the hall/garage you arrive in the hallway where there is a possibility for a wardrobe and where the toilet is located in a ground glass, stone column.
Between two glass walls there is the stairs to the basement. From the hall and living room you have a viewpoint to the basement this way where the bedrooms and bathroom are located.
The living room has a lounge area with design sitting corner and storage areas. Behind the lounge area there is the dining area, partially separated by a beautiful hearth of Safretti. This dining area offers space for a large dining table.
In open connection to the living/dining area is the design kitchen with kitchen island at the back. The kitchen has a lot of storage space and built-in appliances, including a 4-burner gas stove (SMEG), with extraction hood (hidden in a wall column), dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer combination, microwave and oven. There is a lot of light in the kitchen thanks to the glass connection with the garden/patio, which is ideal for relaxation. Beautiful architectural detail is how the kitchen island ‘transitions’ into the patio/garden.
Via the stairs you enter the hall of the basement. The glass walls provide access to two identically sized bedrooms with walk-in closets. Connected to both bedrooms is the luxurious, design bathroom with double washstand, bathtub, (second) toilet and shower area with two rainfall showers. In the bathroom there are also connections for a washing machine/dryer which are neatly hidden in a closet with (third) washstand.
The Falckstraat is a beautiful wide street with plantation in the middle. Its extraordinary width is because this street used to be a canal up to the end of the 19th century, the so-called ‘achtergracht’. Although located in the bustling centre of Amsterdam between the Reguliersgracht and Frederiksplein, this is still a lovely tranquil street.
If you want to enjoy good restaurants, convivial cafes and pleasant, exclusive shops; this is already possible right around the corner at Utrechtsestraat and Reguliersgracht. For your daily groceries you can go to the AH at Frederiksplein, but also to the nearby Albert Cuypmarkt.
In the direct vicinity when it comes to culture, there is the museum Hermitage Amsterdam and Theatre Carré. On the versatile Amstelveld there are antique markets and flower markets to be found. There is also a children’s playground with sand, jeu-de-boules court and space for soccer.
In short, a lovely quiet place with all the possibilities a large city has to offer at walking distance.
Accessibility and parking
• The house is excellently accessible by public transport. Tram lines 4, 7 and 10 and bus line 755 stop at Frederiksplein. There is also a cab stand located here.
• There is also a good connection with the A10 (within 15 minutes) for private car using the S 110 and S 112.
• The Falckstraat has a relatively high amount of parking spots and is counted among permit area Centrum 2. In addition, the apartment has the possibility to place your own car inside in the spacious entrance hall. This way you always have a parking spot for your car!
The house is located on private land. No leasehold/ground rent!
Service costs and HOA
• Service costs amount to € 152 per month.
• The name of the HOA is: ‘Vereniging van Eigenaars van het gebouw Falckstraat 43/45’ (Home Owners Association of the building Falckstraat 43/45).
• The HOA consists of 4 members (just the building 43 / 45 – I, 45 – II and 45 - III).
• There is no multiple year maintenance plan.
• There are no household regulations.
• Administrator: The HOA is managed by the owner of Falckstraat 45 – I.
• Recently done maintenance. Painting frontside of the building in 2017.
• The reserve fund is per December 2017 € 25.209.
Surface area and content (measured according to NEN2580)
• Usable surface area/Living area: 198 m²
• Gross Floor Area: 220 m²
• Patio/garden: approx. 21 m²
• Content living function: 514 m²
• Gross content: 665 m³
• Ceiling height: approx 3.30 m.
• Municipality: Amsterdam
• Section: I
• Number: 11039 A-4
• Size share: 5/15th share in the community
• Electricity: 10 groups with three earth leakage switches.
• Heating and hot water by means of central heating boiler.
• Mechanical extraction system.
• Construction year: 1928.
• Split: April 13, 1999, change split July 4, 2003.
The delivery will take place in consultation.
• Loft apartment in former company space.
• Amazing location in the centre at a tranquil location on private land.
• Patio/garden at the back.
• Tastefully renovated in 2007.
• Open lay-out with view to the basement.
• Basement has two bedrooms, identical in size, with two walk-in closets.
• Possibility for parking in house.
• Interior design by TANK.
• Design sitting corner with storage space.
• Design luxurious kitchen and bathroom.
• Partial floor heating.
• Built-in spots for extra light.
• Proviso granting of seller.
Read full description